Protropin is designed as a workout aid to promote the building of muscle mass and provide increased energy and endurance. It is also intended to aid in recovery by improving sleep quality. Protropin utilizes Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals innovative Cyclosome™ technology, which was developed to improve the bioavailability of the ingredients in this supplement.
- Designed for athletes to increase effectiveness of exercise
- Utilizes Cyclosome™ technology for more efficient supplement delivery
- Combines a blend of ingredients intended to stimulate growth hormone release, increase blood flow, and boost sleep quality
Protropin combines a number of ingredients designed to work together. Here we give you a brief description of the purpose of each and provide links to any studies that support its benefits.
Note: none of these are studies of Protropin itself, but instead are studies about individual ingredients contained in Protropin. They don’t guarantee the effectiveness of this product. We include them here to help you discover relevant information about what this supplement contains.
- L-arginine-2-pyrrolidone-5-carboxylate: Also known as arginine pyroglutamate, this is a form of the amino acid arginine. Arginine is produced by the body and also is found in foods like meat, nuts, and dairy. Some experimental results suggest arginine can increase blood flow (and thus exercise capacity) and stimulate the release of growth hormone.
- (S)-2, 6-diaminocaproic acid: This is another name for the amino acid lysine. There is some evidence to suggest that taking lysine along with arginine helps to stimulate growth hormone production. However, results of studies have been mixed, with some showing no benefit.
- PowerFULL Mucuna Pruriens Extract 15%: Derived from the Velvet bean, evidence suggests this chemical increases dopamine (which helps improve mood and energy) and testosterone (which promotes muscle growth) levels in the body.
- Chlorophytum Borivilianum extract: Derived from an herb native to India, it is thought that this extract promotes testosterone and the release of growth hormone. Only weak experiment evidence presently exists for these effects. Chlorophytum borivilianum taken in combination with mucuna pruriens was found in one study to improve sleep quality. Moreover, one animal study showed increased endurance in the face of physical stress.
How to Use Protropin
When beginning with any new supplement, it’s a good idea to test your tolerance by starting with 1 capsule and seeing how your body reacts. If you experience no unwanted effects, the manufacturer recommends taking five tablets daily prior to bedtime. They suggest you will experience optimal effectiveness within 1 to 3 weeks of daily supplementation. Do not take more than 5 tablets per day.
As with any supplement designed to promote muscle gains, Protropin cannot increase your muscle mass all by itself. This supplement is designed to help support your holistic approach to strength gains, which includes appropriate training and a proper diet.
Frequently asked questions
Does Protropin actually work?
As you can see in our product information, there is scientific evidence to back up the effects of some of the ingredients. For others, the data is less robust. In every case, the ingredients are carefully selected by researchers at Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals because they have reason to think they are effective.
It is important to have realistic expectations. Supplements can make a real impact, but it is always secondary in importance to the work you put in.
Does Protropin have side effects?
Protropin is formulated to be safe for healthy adults when taken according to the instructions printed on the label. Because everyone is different, there is always the possibility that you will experience unwanted side effects.
We always encourage customers who are trying a supplement for the first time to start with the minimum dose and see how their body reacts. If you do experience unwanted side effects, you should discontinue use and talk with your doctor.
What’s in Protropin?
The active ingredients in this supplement are L-arginine-2-pyrrolidone-5-carboxylate, (S)-2, 6-diaminocaproic acid, PowerFULL Mucuna Pruriens Extract 15%, and Chlorophytum Borivilianum extract. See our product description for an explanation of the purpose of each ingredient as well as links to relevant studies.
Protropin also includes the inactive ingredients microcrystalline cellulose, phosphatidylcholine 75%, hydroxypropyl beta cyclodextrin, phytosterols, magnesium stearate, and silica.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, cure, diagnose, or prevent any disease.